Friday, 22 February 2013

To Blog or not...

It's a tough choice...

Yes, I know, I started this BLOG with such good intentions and full of plans of what was going to be put on the BLOG. And not even 2 months in I already have created a gap of a whole month! But, as most of you probably know, there really are only 24 hours in the day (I could do with at least 48...)!
I am finding it hard enough to get some sewing time, so the blog is left to it's own devices more often than it should.

On the other hand I have to admit that that is not the only reason that I haven't put up a post in the last month. Since starting this blog I have been looking at many of the other blogs out there far more than before. And really, there are SO many lovely people blogging, and crafty people putting up their achievements. Generally with gorgeous pictures. AND instructions. AND recipes (that they actually have tried out, too!) PLUS stories of their travels. AND stories of their children and families. AND pets. AND.......So I hope I can be forgiven for getting distracted and not putting up anything of my own. And wondering whether I should be adding another blog to the multitude at all....

So, should I blog or should I leave it to all the other talented bloggers? After a few evenings considering my options, I have found a brilliant solution:

THIS IS NOT A BLOG

No really, it isn't.
I have decided that these ramblings that I throw into the ether are actually just that: Ramblings. No blog. Not meant to be read by anyone. Just for me.
So if, by accident you stumble upon my "blog", keep that in mind. Don't think this blog is like the other blogs. Don't expect my makings (or non-makings) to compare to those of anyone else. 
They are not MEANT to be in the same league. Not in quality OR in quantity. This "blog" is SUPPOSED to have gaps (maybe a month IS a bit excessive, though...).

After all, it would be nice if I could find the time to visit YOUR blog at some point....

2 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Oh bless you, it is a tough call and a big commitment, I have started to think of it as a place to chat to friends, no more, no less, why don't you try the more simple approach, take more pictures and load them with a couple of words, it doesn't have to be a massive monologue. And you're right, there are some very high maintenance blogs, with ladies who are doing so so much, don't compare yourself to them, and happily dramble away! :o)

Sandra Sews said...

Thank you for your encouraging comments. That's exactly what I intend to do: Happily dramble away :)