Friday, 24 May 2013

Too much happening...

A long, long time ago (here you can check it out...) I showed you this...

 
... with the promise that I would "soon" show you what I was making!

Well, I've been busy. Very busy! And not necessarily with those pink fabrics...

I've been working like an excited administrator, a cook in a pickle, a taxi-mum in overdrive... My days have been full and chaotic:

The youngest son was running in the county races for his school - getting to the venue was WAY worse than the not winning....
The oldest son had his graduation - that's one son grown up (help...)
The middle son is almost finished his school year - one week to go for him, and he is studying hard for his final tests of the year, while struggling with a nasty cold.

My (paid) job is almost finished for the year, too, so the race is on to have everything done in time for the financial reporting...

But, there HAS been some sewing in between all that:

Getting the machine set up for satin stitch; a lot of tweaking before it looks right...

Practice pieces, stitching around the points and curves is not as easy as I would like...

The final piece, a preview; it's almost finished...

But also, finally, a piece of Broderie Perse:







Anyone want a cup of tea with that...?

And the weekend will be spend (again) at my City & Guilds course: Happily sewing, I hope!

Have a nice weekend!


Sandra

1 comment:

heart of charnwood said...

Oh wow i love the cakes on the stand, you're making me hungry, yum!