Thursday, 13 June 2013

One I made earlier

Up early - well, not that early, but a bit earlier than usual - due to the school tour of my youngest. So plenty of time to write a - long overdue - post. It is even dry for the moment, so I can take a few pictures outside!

Below a quilt "I made earlier". It was made from the goodies I received at a retreat some years back: A "Hankie Pack" - 15 x 10" squares, and a small strip roll - 10 strips of 2 1/2". I only added fabric for the back and the binding.

Flash Hankies








Quilting with black perle cotton

Back - not the right colour

Quilting seen on the back


The quilt ended up at 45" x 42" and is exactly the right size for on my small sofa in the living room - also small, I think of it more as a den - or to comfort my youngest on an "off" day.


Sandra

7 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Love the hand quilting- just gorgeous!

Janine said...

Congrats on the finish! It's lovely and the quilting looks fab :)

Anthea said...

Hi Sandra, I was only just thinking the other day that i had not seen you post for a little while!
Wow the quilt looks wonderful - what patience to hand quilt it all - beautifully styled pics too - a terrific finish!!
Anthea

Catrin Lewis said...

Wow! That must have taken ages to quilt!

Shirley said...

What great work, love it x

Schulz Family said...

visiting from find a friend friday. I can't believe you handquilted that. WOW.

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's very pretty. I like the black hand quilting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...