Saturday, 16 November 2013

Too busy to blog...

I have been rather neglectful of the blog lately, but all because I have been sewing. I'll show you some of it:

Progress on the bag:

straight line quilting

meander quilting

tying off threads
gussets quilting

made a pocket in the lining

The bag panels and gusset pieces are quilted,the lining is prepared. Next step: putting it together, yippee!

 Playing with Seminole piecing:







And then there was some playing around with stars:

don't really like the colour though; may have to make more in different fabrics

Then today we have been starting on hand quilting, tacking and tying, and Kantha quilting: Many more samples in the pipeline. But at least I can do the hand work in front of the fire:


And if I'm quick I may be able to enjoy another slice of my own baking, too:

fruity tea brack
Have a nice weekend,
Sandra

4 comments:

Anthea said...

Hi Sandra - I am loving all the colours & quilting of the bag panels, it will be a stunner when it's finished! Will we get to see it?
Take care & enjoy your sewing x

CJ said...

Sumptuous colours in the bag, it's going to be lovely I think. The fire looks wonderful, I wish I had a woodburner here, I love them, they really do make a room.

Esther F. said...

That is a long list! Wow, you must be the energizer bunny! :-)
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Sandra! Your projects are beautiful and that seminole playin looks very exciting! x Teje

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...