- if you are looking for the handy planner, find it on the Finish-A-Long Planner page -
The 2019 Finish-A-Long Hosts
These are the 2019 hosts. They do all the work behind the scenes, and you can link up at any of their blogs:
- Sandra of Sew of Course - Ireland
- Marci of Marci Girl Designs - USA Louisiana
- Leanne of She Can Quilt - Canada
- Ella of Throw a Wench in the Works - USA Georgia
- Karen of Capitola Quilter - USA California
- Lynne of Tinking Along - USA Maryland
- Izzy of Dizzy Quilts - Canada
- Sarah of Sarah Goer Quilts - USA California
- Julie of That's Sew Julie - USA Iowa
- Sarah of Cedar Fork Stitches - USA Montana
- Sharla of Thistle Thicket Studio - USA Kansas
- Nicole of Handwrought Quilts - Canada
The 2019 Finish-A-Long Schedule:
10 Jan 2019 (Thu) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup opens
18 Jan 2019 (Fri) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup closes
1 Apr 2019 (Mon) Finishes - Linkup opens
9 Apr 2019 (Tue) Finishes - Linkup closes
TUTORIALS April 2-6, 2019:
- April 2, 2019 - Sandra of Studio Sew of Course - Playing with Log Cabins
- April 3, 2019 - Sarah of Cedar Fork Stitches - Easy Gingham Potholders
- April 4, 2019 - Sharla of Thistle Thicket Studio - Easter Bunny Zipper Pouch
- April 5, 2019 - Nicole of Handwrought Quilts - How to Bury Your Thread End
10 Apr 2019 (Wed) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup opens
18 Apr 2019 (Thu) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup closes
1 Jul 2019 (Mon) Finishes - Linkup opens
9 Jul 2019 (Tue) Finishes - Linkup closes
TUTORIALS July 2-6, 201:
- July 2, 2019 - Marci of Marci Girl Designs - Fabric Ball Tutorial
- July 3, 2019 - Karen of Capitola Quilter - "In A Bubble" Quilt Block
- July 4, 2019 - Izzy of Dizzy Quilts - Simple and Quick Quilt Labels
- July 5, 2019 - Julie of That's Sew Julie - Crochet Self-Folding Hot Pad
10 Jul 2019 (Wed) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup opens
18 Jul 2019 (Thu) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup closes
1 Oct 2019 (Tue) Finishes - Linkup opens
9 Oct 2019 (Wed) Finishes - Linkup closes
TUTORIALS Oct 2-6, 2019
10 Oct 2019 (Thu) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup opens
18 Oct 2019 (Fri) Proposed Finishes List - Linkup closes
1 Jan 2020 (Wed) Finishes - Linkup opens
9 Jan 2020 (Thu) Finishes - Linkup closes
(No tutorials in Q4)
What is the Finish‑A‑Long
The Finish‑A‑Long (FAL) was started in 2012 by Rhonda (Rhonda's Ramblings). It is a fun, low pressure online community event that encourages you to make progress on projects that you have started but not finished, and thus are hanging around in your sewing space - or anywhere really, in my case. At the beginning of a quarter you link up a "list of proposed finishes", the projects you will be working on to (hopefully) finish in that quarter.
And if you want, you can download your own Finish-A-Long Planner to make your list on!
During the quarter, you work on those projects, and when a project is finished you post about each in turn. At the end of the quarter you link up each finish. Each linked up finish is an entry into a random draw for great sponsored prizes, too!
And... there is no penalty for not finishing something on your list.
Best of all, everyone involved encourages one another to get those projects finished! Once you have linked up take some time to visit other links, leave comments and participate! You can encourage, meet and make new friends, and generally have fun! Follow along on Facebook and Instagram, too. Ready to participate? The schedule, rules and sponsors are below.
The Finish-A-Long Rules
- At the start of each quarter there will be a linky party for you to link up your proposed list of finishes. You must link up in order to be able to be eligible for those prizes at the end. Please only enter ONE blog post, Flickr photo or Instagram photo at this starting link-up. If you use Flickr or Instagram please use a mosaic and describe your plans in the description.
- In order for your projects to be eligible, they must be a tangible project at the start of the quarter. That means, at the very least, a fabric pull matched to a pattern, a quilt top needs to be quilted, or a half knit jumper, etc. We love seeing your bee blocks, but they won't count unless you happen to be turning them all into a fully completed quilt THIS quarter. We are looking for a proper UFO - UnFinished Object - which means it has to have been started.
- As you complete each of your projects on your list, write a post about it on your blog, or a description with a Flickr or Instagram pic.
- At the end of the quarter, link up each individual post/Flickr pic (please link back to your original list from the start of the same quarter in some way). For each finish/link you complete, you get an entry into the prize draw, and therefore it's in your best interest to write up a separate post for each!
- A finish is defined as a completely finished project, eg. a quilt, quilted and bound, a bag that's fully lined and functional, or a jumper that one could wear out in public. We’re happy for you if you get a quilt top completed in one quarter, but hold onto it for the next quarter and see if you can get it quilted and bound before entering as a finish please.
- You won't be punished if you don't finish your entire list, so feel free to make a big list and roll projects over from one quarter to the next if you need to.
- All qualifying finishes will be put into a prize draw, and the names/numbers will be drawn at random for each of the prizes donated by our sponsors for that quarter. We will contact you by email (the one you enter when linking up) if you win a prize.
- The finish linky party will be open for approximately a week, and then the linky party for the proposed finishes list for next quarter will open on the following day.
- The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Our 2019 Sponsors
In 2019 we have another great line-up of generous sponsors:
Winner's Choice of 1 Large 12 Spool Collection
$80 Gift Certificate
$50 Gift Certificate
$50 Gift Certificate
$25 Gift Certificate
3 PDF Patterns
2 PDF Patterns
2 PDF Patterns
1 Six Month Subscription
2 PDF Patterns
$30 Fabric Voucher
The Finish-A-Long on social media
Find the Finish-A-Long on Facebook and on Instagram, follow us there to keep up to date with what's happening.
Feel free to place one or more buttons on your blog. Select the text next to the image you want (click in the box and use CTRL-A), copy all the text and paste as HTML in your blog for the image to appear.
Previous years of the Finish-A-Long can be found here:
2012 Finish‑A‑Long run by Rhonda at Quilter in the Gap
2014 Finish‑A‑Long run by Katy at The Littlest Thistle