Here I show you the charity quilt I finished with the help of the Library Quilters, the group I teach in our local library:
The quilt is very much like the previous one we made, they were more or less made in tandem, though one was finished before the other. To show you that there are indeed two, I got a picture of them both together:
If you remember in the finish-along goal setting post, this quilt was just a set of blocks.
I trimmed them to equal sizes, added sashing, layered the quilt. Then I machine quilted along the sashing to stabilise the top. It could now be passed around for quilting without any pins.
Several ladies passed the quilt amongst themselves to hand quilt the blocks. As you can see in the top picture, they all quilted circles over the blocks, apart from the appliqué Sunbonnet Sue block, which was outlined in quilting.
I then received it back to stitch the binding on, and add a label.
A few weeks ago I handed both quilts to someone who organised a whole load of quilts to go to Crumlin Children's Hospital in Dublin.
We're all hoping the quilts get enjoyed and will comfort and give support to two children going through a hard time, and beyond.
And even though I have not done every stitch in this quilt myself, I think it deserves being mentioned in the finish-along, because without the support of the finish-along this quilt would most likely still be in twelve blocks.
My goal setting post can be found HERE.
Linking up with 2016 Q2 finish-along.